Job Ref: JI14938
Branch: Jurys Inn Cork
Location: Jurys Inn Cork, Cork
Salary/Benefits: Competitive Salary
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: Part Time
Posted date: 05/08/2022
Closing date: 07/09/2022
We are looking for an enthusiastic, genuine and friendly person who really enjoys working in hotels and wants to provide great hospitality to our guests, contributing to them having a “Happy” stay with us.
Jurys Inns Leonardo Hotels are recruiting for Room Cleaners to join our in-house Housekeeping team. We offer flexible working conditions with the opportunity for overtime too.
This is a permanent role where full training will be provided.
In a nutshell, here are some of the things you will be doing to ensure that every bedroom and bathroom are clean and well presented for our guests:
- Dusting, polishing, vacuuming
- Refreshing of all towels and linen as required
- Stripping and making beds
- Cleaning bathrooms
- Reporting any maintenance issues and safety hazards
What we would like from you:
- Our teams comply with all health and safety policies and work to high standards of cleanliness so an eye for detail and high standards are a must.
- To be self-motivated as you will be working mainly alone or with one other person cleaning bedrooms
- Have good people skills as you will be working as part of a larger team and you will also be greeting guests in the corridors
- Be trustworthy and security conscious
And in return, we offer:
- Free hot meal on duty + Tea and Coffee
- A permanent job with flexible hours
- Discounted mployee rate at any of our Jurys Inns and Leonardo Hotels in the UK and Ireland
- 50% discount on food and beverage in our bars and restaurants
- A generous friends and family rate of 50% discount from the selling rate of rooms
- Refer a Friend bonus – earn thousands (rate dependent on position referred) for referring your friends to come and work for us too
- Rewards program – earn points for going the extra mile which can be converted into shopping vouchers or paid days off
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- Increased annual leave with service
- Life Assurance/Death in Service benefit
- Employee Assistance Program including free counselling sessions
- Online learning platform with lots of training courses to increase your skills and knowledge
- Development programs to help you get to the next stage in your career
- + many more.
About Jurys Inn Cork
Overlooking the River Lee, this informal hotel in a redbrick building is a 9-minute walk from Cork Kent Train Station and an 11-minute walk from the food stalls at the English Market.
Featuring dark wood furnishings, the warmly decorated rooms come with free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, and tea and coffeemaking equipment. Upgraded quarters include sofabeds. Room service is available.
Breakfast is offered for a fee. There's also an unfussy restaurant that has a bar.
About Leonardo Jurys Inn
We've come a long way since we opened our first hotel in 1993. Jurys Inn and Leonardo Hotels UK Ireland operate 52 hotels, 36 under the Jurys Inn brand and 16 under the Leonardo brand, - 47 in the UK and 5 in Ireland.
With approximately 4,000 employees and 4 brands we are a dynamic, innovative and fast-growing company with plenty of opportunities to grow and develop your career.
As an employer of choice, we put a big emphasis on career development and as a rule we recruit our operations team members for personality rather than experience - it is all about you and how you interact with others, how you can demonstrate our values which are to be:
Consistent, Friendly, Genuine, Positive and Willing
We believe in developing our people and growing our management teams through our excellent Learning Development programmes. 80% of our General Managers joined the business in operational roles and have progressed through the Company with the help of our great development and the opportunities that exist being a multi-site and growing business.
What is life like in Jurys Inn Leonardo Hotels UK and Ireland?
Our hotels are busy environments with lots of guests passing through each day. All roles within Jurys Inn Leonardo UK and Ireland offer customer interaction, a great deal of variety and a fun friendly working environment.
We strive to make Jurys Inn Leonardo Hotels UK and Ireland, a great place to work and we get all our teams involved in engagement activities such as summer BBQ's, the annual charity challenge, monthly birthday celebrations, fun Fridays and much, much more.
We think it is a great place to work and so do our teams throughout Jurys Inn Leonardo Hotels UK and Ireland... making us an employer of choice.
Our Vision Values
Our vision is very simply, we aim to exceed our guests' expectations by delivering outstanding results through exceptional people.