Stock Manager - Portlaoise
Your focus in this role will be to ensure that our Stockroom is run smoothly to ensure that our customers will always have access to the products that they need. You and your team will manage stock in and out of the business whilst ensuring the customer is at the heart of everything you do, creating a world-class shopping experience every time.
To be up for this challenge you’ll;
Have recent retail management experience in a fast-paced environment
Be passionate about delivering a fantastic customer experience
Have first class leadership skills
Have demonstrable experience of working towards performance targets
Be highly-organised, always planning for any eventuality
Be approachable, always keen to support and develop others
Be keen to develop and make the most out of your career with Argos
Have stock control experience – this would be beneficial, but not essential as training will be provided
In addition to a competitive salary and an exciting working environment, other benefits include a holiday allowance which starts at 24 days per year (which increases with service), share save scheme, discretionary annual bonus, staff discount in the Argos/Habitat/Sainsbury’s stores and company pension scheme. You’ll also have the potential to develop your skills in a way that fits with your own aspirations.
Argos is currently leading the way as a multi-channel digital retailer. With over 800 stores, one of the most visited websites in the UK and our Fast Track proposition, Argos currently is at the forefront of the retail world with a market leading proposition.
Now Argos is part of Sainsbury’s there has never been a more exciting time to join the business. With so much opportunity now is the time to apply and start your new journey with us.
We know that candidates may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. While we can’t always accommodate every flexible working request, we do support part-time and job share roles so are happy to be asked how we can work around your availability. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not apply and see how it goes?
Here at Sainsbury’s Argos we’re a proud equal opportunities employer that values diversity at every level of our business. Inclusion and Diversity are fundamental to our culture and values, fostering an innovative, collaborative and fast paced work environment that means we can build a better future for our colleagues and our customers. Everyone is welcome at Sainsbury’s Argos. Want to find out more? Then visit our Diversity & Inclusion page on our Careers site – www.argos.careers/diversityandinclusion
Job Types: permanent permanent
This is a very exiting and unique role and is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who is interested and experienced in the tourism sector and has a excellent knowledge of marketing and business development.
The role will involve developing attractive tour offerings for large and
small groups of tourists and other local groups in the Laois area. The long term goal would be to expanding the business nationwide.
The ideal candidate will developing interesting and enjoyable travel packages to offer to groups.
Confirming reservations, liaising with venue managers, ticketing agents and promoters.
Manage the schedules of the travel groups and look after all financial transactions.
Further details will be available upon application to include a job specificaition.
Email CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Emo Spar Service Station, Mountmellick, is part of the H2 Group, one of Ireland's fastest growing forecourt retailers. We offer fantastic career opportunities for enthusiastic and hardworking individuals.
We currently have a vacancy for a Sales Assistant in our store. This is a part - time role and successful applicants must be fully flexible to work hours to meet the store requirements.
To delight customers by exceeding their expectations on every visit.
- To serve customers in a friendly and efficient manner providing an exceptional standard of customer care
- To communicate with the customers in and effective and welcoming manner
OPERATIONAL & STORE PRESENTATION
- To accurately compute sales prices, total purchases and receive & process appropriate payment from the customers in line with cash register and/or cash handling policy
- Assist customers in bagging purchases
- Maintain knowledge of current in store sales and promotions
- Answer customer queries with regard to the store and its merchandise
- To deal with customer complaints in a professional and pleasant way and refer to the Store Manager where appropriate
- Open and close cash registers performing tasks such as counting money, balancing cash drawers and making deposits in line with cash handling policy
- Clean shelves & counters and sweep floors internally and externally ensuring store is tidy and free from clutter at all times
- Clean all areas of the store (including staff facilities) as directed by Assistant Store Manager/Store Manager
- Maintain a clean and well organised back store area
- To receive and check stock in line with company guidelines
- Ensure stock is packed in line with company merchandising guidelines
- Update shelf edged labels as instructed by the Assistant Store Manager
- To rotate stock appropriately minimising waste
- To be vigilant at all times to prevent stock loss and waste
- To conduct stock takes as instructed by Assistant Store Manager/Store Manager
- To take care for your health & safety and that of your colleagues and customers and take action to reduce risks and hazards
- Preparation of food for subsequent resale in line with HACCP regulations
- Check temperatures around the store ensuring they are compliant with HACCP regulations
- Any other duties that may be assigned to you by the Assistant Store Manager/Store Manager
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Numerical abilities
- The ability to work as part of a team
- The ability to use initiative
- Sound judgement with the ability to make decisions
- Good attention to detail
Job Types: part-time part-time
Quality Control Microbiologist
The Quality Control Microbiologist will be responsible for the day to day operation of the Microbiology Laboratory and Microbiological activities associated with the testing, approval and release of Company products. The QC Microbiologist will be responsible for the timely and accurate testing of Routing Environmental Monitoring in an ISO8 Cleanroom as well as routine Endotoxin and Bioburden testing of a variety of samples.Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead Micro testing, communicating with both internal and external stakeholders
- Support cross-training and development of colleagues
- Provide support to manufacturing
- Maintain laboratory quality systems, including OOS and OOT result data
- Support method development and validation studies
- Support Validation studies
- Ensure Micro equipment is calibrated and maintenance per schedule for Laboratory
- Ensure laboratory data is accurate and retained per company’s requirements
- Support investigations of Non-conforming product, out of specification product and customer complaints
- Ensure the management of water quality monitoring and testing
- Maintain high Environmental Health and Safety standards
- Support company and department goals, projects, and performance
- Communicate with Third party Micro testing laboratories where applicable
- Other duties as required.
- BSc in Microbiology or a related disciple
- Three years minimum in a GMP environment is preferred
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary industrial environment
- Strong people skills and a positive attitude required
- Ability to work with counterparts in multiple departments to accomplish company’s goals.
- Demonstrate commitment to safety, environmental practices, production targets, and quality standards
- Team-oriented individual with strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate across departments
- Self-motivated and forward-thinking individual who is able to self-direct workload and priorities, and acts to create efficiencies and resolve issues within their scope of responsibility
- Dedicated to business objectives and continuous improvement through adaptability, innovation, and agility
- Possesses Company values of Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Commitment coupled with the ability to accept and drive change.
GS Associates are looking for a Cleaning Operative to join our team in a prestigious retail outlet in Portlaoise.
You will work as part of a team to deliver a quality cleaning service to our client. Previous cleaning experience is preferred but not essential.
Rate of Pay: 10.80
Number of hours: Various
Shift Pattern: Flexible
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: €10.80 /hour
- janitorial: 1 year (Preferred)
Job Types: full-time full-time contract contract
Cleaner - Full time
MCR is looking for a Cleaner for a full time cleaning position in Portlaoise, Co. Laois
This is an immediate start and previous cleaning experience is required.
Valid Safepass and Manual Handling Cert required
Preferably living in Portlaoise or have transport
Working hours are 08.00 - 17.00 Monday to Friday
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: €11.00 /hour
- cleaning: 1 year (Required)
- Manual handling (Required)
- Safepass (Required)
Applicant must have at least 5 years experience.
Must be able to work independently
Must be able to read drawings.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- previous: 5 years (Required)
- English (Required)
Job Types: full-time full-time permanent permanent
Medical Scientist required by TTM Healthcare for Hospital in Laois.
At TTM Healthcare we are proud to have partnered with a Hospital Laboratory based in Portlaois who currently have a requirement for a full time medical scientist, with an estimated 6- 9 month contract.
Experience and/or knowledge in haematology is required for role.
To be eligible for the role, you will need to:
- BSc in Biomedical Science - only ACSLM/CORU approved degrees can be considered
- ACSLM membership or be eligible for membership
- Knowledge of haematology
- Permission to work in Ireland
Salary: € 33, 264 - € 56,300 per annum
TTM Healthcare is an Equal Opportunities Employer
- Silvia Walsh at 065 686 9300 Ext 223.
TTM Healthcare is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Job Types: temporary temporary
Connected Health is a home care provider operating across Ireland. We are currently looking for fantastic experienced, qualified carers to join our care team! Our work involves assisting our clients to live as independently as possible in the comfort of their own homes.
We are now offering both Part time and Full time contracts. Carers would need to be willing to work in Port Laoise, and surrounding areas.
What do we offer?
- €12.00ph - €15.00ph
- Fortnightly Pay, (3rd and 18th of each month)
- Part-time and full-time hours available
- 24/7 support
- Free Induction training
- Free Garda Vetting
- Carer events including lunches and work shops
- Refer a friend scheme for €100
- Bike to work scheme
- Opportunity to get your profile on homecaredirect.ie
Main Purpose of the Job
- To provide assistance with personal care and other daily living tasks to people within their own homes who use ourselves in order to provide care.
- To work with each individual client to maximise their independence and choice and to ensure a high standard of care is being received.
- To work in partnership with clients encouraging choice and participation whilst adhering at all times to the values of the organisation.
- Reporting to the Care Support Lead / Client Manager
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To undertake personal care and daily living tasks as agreed with the client, their family and the professionals involved with the individual service plan.
- To work at all times within the policies and procedures of Connected Health.
- To provide clients with opportunities to express their preference as to the way tasks are carried out.
- To develop and maintain professional working relationships with clients and work colleagues from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- To communicate regularly with the immediate supervisor, in particular regarding changes in the client’s condition or circumstances.
- To use the services on-call system in accordance with the service guidance.
- To attend training including induction training, team meetings and individual supervision sessions as required.
- To complete documentation, including client records and timesheets.
- To comply with all Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
- To participate in supervision, staff meetings and training activities as required.
- To be responsible for maintaining and improving own knowledge and skills through experience and training.
- To undertake additional responsibilities as requested by the Client Manager following the successful completion of specific training and personal skills development.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as required.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: €12.00 to €15.00 /ho
Job Types: part-time part-time permanent permanent
Groundworkers required for various civil engineering projects in Kildare, Laois & Offaly. Safe Pass & Manual Handling training required. Minimum 3 years experience required. Must have current CSCS tickets. C Driving licence an advantage. Expierience in paving required .Working on watermains, pipelaying, concrete, tarmac, paving, etc. Own transport required. Call or Text details to 086 609 7119.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Ground Works: 3 years (Required)
Job Types: full-time full-time permanent permanent
Jobs 1 to 10 of 11