We are currently recruiting an Industrial Cleaning Manager to ensure that a top cleaning service is delivered to the agreed specification and performance at this large site consisting of administration offices, production kitchens, laboratory and hygiene facilities. Managing a large team, key responsibilities within the role will include:
- Ensuring consistent delivery of high levels of service as per contract specification and SLA, meeting all agreed financial and performance targets.
- HR: payroll administration, maintenance of personnel records, recruitment, inductions, training, staff appraisals.
- Organise and oversee cleaning operations and team, including subcontractors.
- Client relations: promptly dealing with any client issues or complaints.
- Comply with all Company, Client and Statutory regulations and policies, site rules relating to Health & Safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH.
- Equipment checks / maintenance, ensuring safety and security at all times.
- Incident reporting/action: accident, fire, theft, loss, damage, etc.
- Unit audits including cleaning audits, safety walks, site walks.
- Work allocation to the cleaning team / Developing individual cleaning work schedules, ensuring daily, weekly and periodic cleaning tasks are carried out to contracted standards.
- Cost control: labour, expenses, cash purchases as agreed with line manager.
- Financial/Accounting admin: accurate and timely weekly & monthly returns, maintaining agreed levels of stock, cash, local credit, and debt outstanding.
The ideal candidate will have at least three years’ experience in a similar role, Cleaning Manager/Accommodation Manager, in a large catering/manufacturing/hotel environment. Must be a proven leader and people manager with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Other key attributes include:
- H&S qualification – IOSH or similar.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with a hands-on, practical attitude.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Experience of working within a standards/compliance environment.
- Experienced in adhering to and driving company initiatives.
- Good use of the English language (written and spoken).
- Strong IT skills: Microsoft Suite, payroll and reporting systems.
- Available for occasional evening / night / weekends.
This is a great company to work for, with benefits including company pension scheme, life assurance, free GP service, eye care vouchers, free parking, bike to work scheme and more. Contact us today to find out more on this role!