Job Number 22133527
Job Category Spa
Location The Shelbourne Autograph Collection, 27 St. Stephen's Green, Dublin, Dublin, Ireland VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
The Shelbourne is Dublin’s most prestigious and historic five star property. Located in the beautiful location of St. Stephen's Green in Dublin 2, for almost 200 years, it has been the beating heart of hospitality, unforgettable experiences and luxury within the capital.
Responsible for managing and supervising all areas of the spa and leisure facilities including its programs, services, hours of operation, pool facilities, gym, changing areas and associates. Coordinates the delivery of spa services including spa, skin care, fitness & wellness, massage, program coordinating, reservations, reception desk and locker room areas. As a department head, directs and works with the management team and associates to successfully execute all spa / leisure operations; strives to continually improve guest and associate satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the spa, guest services, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Management of Spa Operations and Budgets
- Ensures all associates have the proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
- Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
- Manages supplies and equipment inventories within budget.
- Maintains cleanliness of spa and related areas and equipment.
- Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and managing to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
Ensuring and Delivering Exceptional Customer Service
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Handles guest problems and complaints.
- Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focusing on continuous improvement.
- Strives to improve service performance.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Solicits associate feedback, utilizing an “open door” policy and reviewing employee satisfaction results to identify and address associate problems or concerns.
- Ensures associates understand expectations and parameters.
- Brings issues to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources as necessary.
- Observes service behaviors of associates and providing feedback to individuals.
- Participates in associate progressive discipline procedures.
- Participates in an on-going associate recognition program.
- Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with associates.
- Supports a Spa orientation program for associates to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Supervises on-going training initiatives and conducting training when appropriate.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with associates and ensuring associates do the same within the team.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the spa as necessary.
- Worldwide Associate Travel Discounts
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Associate Recognition and Wellbeing Programs
- Taxsaver Commuter Tickets
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounted car parking
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company Pension
- Health Insurance
- Shopping discounts and cash back options with leading brands
- Free meals on duty
- Uniform Laundry Service