Railways for the world of tomorrow! Deutsche Bahn’s expertise is in high demand all around the world. DB Engineering & Consulting offers that knowledge – starting with an idea and continuing all the way to operations. For you, that translates to excellent consulting services, design and realization of infrastructure and mobility projects in Germany and worldwide. As one of the worldʼs leading engineering and consulting firms, we shape the world of tomorrow – with customized and sustainable mobility and transport solutions. We represent 180 years of rail experience and our infrastructure projects connect continents. We set the standard for transportation and modern mobility.
Irish Rail is currently updating the ATP (Automatic Train Protection) system of the network. For this project DB E&C's scope is to provide expertise in the field of Safety Assurance. Therefore, we are looking for a Safety Assurance Manager (f/m/d).
- Create an approvals strategy and plan in line with the Authorization to Place in Service (APIS) and Authorization to Place on Market (APOM) processes of EU Interoperability Directive, including both trackside and on-board elements of the complete new train control / signaling system
- Lead all stakeholders, including the system supplier, in compiling the required documentation for designated bodies including NoBo DeBo, AsBo and ISA.
- Manage the task of Safety Assurance for the upgrade of the signalling system during the design, installation, testing and commissioning
- Create and update the Safety Assurance Plan along the project
- Follow up the Safety Assurance works of the systems’ suppliers (trackside and on board).
- Review the safety cases from the trackside signalling and from the on board signalling and integrate them into the APIS applications.
- Produce additional documentation as required to support the APIS applications.
- Interface with the National Safety Authority in Ireland for the APIS process.
- Manage the Common Safety Method on Risk Assessment (CSM RA) on behalf of the client.
- Act as the main point of contact for the liaison with the ISA/AsBo (Independent Safety Assessor in accordance with EN 50126 and Assessment Body in accordance with CSM RA).
- Monitor and support the development of the operations safety case at the end of the commissioning.
- Ensure the legislative requirements of the Irish Rail and the National Safety Authority (Commission for Railway Regulation) are fulfilled.
- University degree in engineering or in risk management
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in railway safety management
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in safety assurance management with a proven track record in delivery of safety assurance objectives.
- Knowledge and experience in signalling systems
- Have delivered or played a major role in the delivery of safety assurance for large railway projects.
- Proven record either working for, or leading liaisons with designated bodies including NoBo DeBo, AsBo and ISA.
- Proven record of dealing with legislative approvals and particularly those that pertain to Railway Approvals Board and Government agencies within a regulatory framework.
- Extensive knowledge of the Common Safety Method on Risk Evaluation and Assessment (Commission Regulation EU 2015/1136).
- Extensive knowledge of EN 50126, EN 50128 and EN 50129 and experience in CENELC.
- Demonstrable knowledge of European Interoperability legislation.
- Proven record of dealing with railway equipment suppliers on safety assurance documentation.
- Experience in using industry standard tools and methods for safety engineering, such as Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), etc.
- Be a member of an appropriate/relevant technical institution.
- Strong written, oral and inter-personal communication skills.
- Experience in personal management and team-oriented work.
- Ability to prioritise and execute tasks in a changing high-pressure environment.
- International working experience in multicultural teams is an advantage.
- Excellent personal administration skills (taking minutes of meetings, conduct presentations, meeting deadlines etc.)
- Excellent English skills
- Relevant IT-Skills (MS Word and MS Excel)
In case you match the profile and are interested in a complex task within the transport sector, we are looking forward to receiving your application.
Please state your earliest possible availability as well as your salary expectations.
Please note that your application will be saved and used in electronic form as a part of the application process for this position.
Thank you for considering DB Engineering & Consulting as prospective employer!