We are the people behind Ireland’s national electricity grid. We make sure that every home, business, school, hospital, factory and farm has power - when and where they need it.
And that’s just the beginning of our story. We are now transforming the power system for future generations. Be part of the change.
Our focus is on safety, security and reliability. Our work environment is challenging, fast-moving, collaborative and team orientated. Our culture is driven by performance, knowledge and continual development. Our people are committed to reducing Ireland’s reliance on fossil fuels and making decarbonisation a reality – while providing a safe and reliable electricity supply in a way that secures the future for those who follow us.
Our future has never looked more exciting. And this is an incredible opportunity to be part of it. The world is ready for change. If you are too, join us. Operations Function:
The Chief Innovation and Planning Office comprises highly skilled professionals with backgrounds in engineering and business/commerce. The core responsibility of CIPO is to plan the power system and market of the future and innovate in how we operate and develop the grid to ensure we meet climate change targets and decarbonise the electricity system. Creating a culture of continuous improvement that drives technical and process innovation is central to delivering on these roles.
This is an excellent opportunity for an innovative, solution focussed, resilient and motivated individual to join our leadership team and play a key role in the transition to a low carbon energy future. Role Description:
The successful applicant will demonstrate an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative work environment and will have the following responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for carrying out technical analysis to a high degree of accuracy including detailed power system analysis, such as steady state load flow, voltage and short circuit analysis & power system economic analysis.
- You will deliver on a range of technical and commercial projects designed to achieve regulated targets & meet stakeholder needs in line with company requirements.
- You will utilise PSS/E, Power Factory and Plexos and work with teams to improve our use of these tools, you’ll apply skills, knowledge and experience to effectively deliver on your team’s processes and overcome problems.
- You will prepare written and verbal reports for internal and external audiences.
- We’ll also look to you as to stay up to date with national and international developments in your area.
- We will expect you to focus on seeking ways to continuously improve the way we work to make it more efficient and effective as well as transparent and easy to understand for non-technical audiences.
Most importantly, you’ll need to be able to work collaboratively with colleagues, customers and stakeholders and also be able to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience. Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Engineering degree or equivalent, with a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience.
- Experience using analysis tools coupled with professional judgement to make decisions are important here and we will also need you to have experience conceiving and introducing innovative ideas, solutions or new ways of doing things, preferably within the electricity industry.
- Awareness of energy targets and ambitions for decarbonisation of the energy sector
- Ability to lead and influence others to move towards a common vision or goal and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Exceptional communicator, able to articulate technical concepts and analysis to non-technical audiences and business leaders
- Passionate, engaging with a drive and enthusiasm to deliver on the company vision and strategy with and through others
- You will need to have excellent organisational and interpersonal skills along with a demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, while also being able to define and guide your own work under minimal supervision.
If you believe you have the skills and experience to take up this position, please upload your application (CV with cover letter in one document) no later than 18th January 2021.
EIRGRID IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER