Facilities Coordinator (Retail)
Grafton Group Plc is the market leader in the builders merchanting & DIY industry in the Republic of Ireland. Our principal trading brands include Chadwicks, Heiton Buckley, Cork Builders Providers, Panelling Centre, Davies & Telfords, whilst the Woodies DIY retail brand is a recognizable household name. We are now seeking a Facilities Coordinator to join our central Group Property team, primarily to support our retail colleagues in a network of 35 branches and their support office function. This is a full-time permanent position.
Reporting to the Group Head of Property, the Facilities Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the retail business by providing in-house professional services, directly contracting facility management services and overseeing related PPM implementation in conjunction with the asset register. You will also be responsible for some equipment procurement, arranging reactive repairs through a dedicated online system and assisting generally with estate management issues.
Knowledge & Experience
- Membership or progress towards SCSI, RICS or other FM qualification is desirable
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills are essential
- Good knowledge and experience of maintenance contract content, setting of SLAs and monitoring progress/ KPAs.
- Ability to schedule and monitor work on a range of maintenance contracts & repairs from inception through to completion
- Negotiate costs, track expenditure and produce regular reports including annual budgeting.
- Ability to work on own initiative, though with the available support of your Property team colleagues.
- Liaise with the retail Operations team to identify and define requirements, scope and objectives
- Prepare & implement action plans including resources, timeframes and budgets
- Prepare detailed procurement enquiry & tender documents
- Coordination and supervision of contractors as appropriate
- Collate and maintain service record documentation and approve payments
- Liaise with other Property team members to ensure statutory compliance with current Building Control and Health & Safety regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop and maintain open collaborative relationships, generate trust, advocate and negotiate, be receptive to the viewpoints and concerns of others
- Be adaptable & flexible & able to cope with an evolving role
- Be innovative and forward thinking
- Bring a positive and enthusiastic approach to the role
- Must be trustworthy and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Have tact and diplomacy
- Group Head of Property
- Building Services Team
- Retail Head Office Team
- Area & Branch Managers
- Branch Colleagues