Redfaire is Recruiting a Technical Operations Consultant
Redfaire is a fast-growing, international technology company headquartered in Limerick City. Redfaire implements, optimises and supports users of Oracle ERP.
We are problem solvers and trusted advisors and are committed to developing long-term, mutually beneficial partnerships with our customers. Our customers work in many industries and range from, large-scale multinationals to ambitious SMBs. What our customers have in common is the strategic use of technology to build a sustainable competitive advantage.
The Technical Operations Consultant will be responsible for the successful completion of Operations tasks including system monitoring & escalation, object promotions and package deployments, job scheduling, creating & maintaining Operations documentation & reporting.
This is a full-time permanent role which will be based principally in our Shared Service Centre in Limerick, the candidate will also need the ability to work within a remote team environment. This role involves working across a 24/7 shift pattern.
- Work as part of the Operations team and independently to monitor customer systems including batch jobs, functions, servers, disk space as assigned around the clock. Escalate incidents as necessary in a timely manner.
- Provide first level support for logged requests from help desk and other service delivery staff. Troubleshoot and investigate problems and gather information to facilitate resolution of problem
- Create and deploy software packages and associated tasks to non-production and production systems as required.
- Create and maintain batch job schedules in production and non-production systems.
- Monitor and update IT Service Management systems e.g. HEAT, Zendesk in line with agreed SLAs. Assign support requests to the appropriate support teams.
- Monitor the Redfaire customer support line at all times during a shift. Ensure that you get all appropriate information when receiving such calls and assign appropriately. Ensure users and other interested parties are kept informed of progress.
- Raise new support tickets based on information received from customers or update existing tickets.
- Escalate to the Service Deliver Manager when tickets are about to breach the SLA.
- Liaise with support consultants and other internal departments including the CNC, functional support and development teams.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Relevant 3rd level qualification or equivalent.
- Excellent (English) communication skills, both verbal & written.
- Technical competence with proven analytical skills.
- Systematic approach to problem resolution.
- Ability to work independently under one’s own initiative whilst being part of a team.
- Proven ability to be adaptable and to respond to constantly changing demands.
- Ability to work under pressure & to prioritise.
- Recognise the importance of customer service and strive to deliver high standards.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook.
- Knowledge of Oracle or ERP systems in general would be desirable but not essential.
Please send your CV with your name and ‘Technical Operations Consultant’ in the subject
Reference ID: GS_Ops_0121
Expected Start Date: 1/2/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Additional leave
- Company events
- Private medical insurance
- Sick pay
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- IT Support: 1 year (Preferred)