Join our wonderful team of healthcare professionals who are committed to improving our clients’ lives. We are currently recruiting for a Nurse to work as part of our wonderful team to assist in the delivery of quality person centered care and support, tailored to the needs of the client. As the first household model of dementia care in Ireland, we have three purpose-built bungalows catering for six clients in each. We live and work by our values: Compassion, Commitment and Companionship. This is brought to life in how we invest in our valued employees by providing safe systems, quality training and fantastic benefits
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Nurse
Reporting to the Person in Charge, the Staff Nurse is leader of a team of social care staff
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain well informed constructive and supportive relationships with service users
- Support and empower clients for effective participation in the person centered planning process.
- Working with people to develop their skills, competencies and personal development needs in order to make positive contributions within the CareBright Community.
- Working with people to build meaningful and supportive connections with their families and community through a range of interests and access to community activities, venues and services.
- Establish & maintain effective working relationships & foster cooperation & teamwork. Work with care staff to ensure their alignment to the values and vision of the CareBright Community is translated to and evident in their behaviours and practice.
- Supporting care staff to develop and realise their capacity to be effective in supporting meaningful life outcomes
- Maintain effective communication as directed and where appropriate with families & relatives
- Demonstrate ability to plan, implement and evaluate care plans as part of a MDT ensuring written and verbal reporting of individual Care Plans
- Ensure accountability and best value in service planning and delivery.
- Participate in innovation and change in the approach to care delivery particularly in relation to new research findings, evidence based practice and advances in dementia care.
The successful applicant will need to meet the following requirements:
- Nursing qualification to degree level or equivalent
- A minimum 1 year post registration experience in a clinical setting
- Working Hours: 36 hours per week, to be flexible to work days, nights and alternative weekends.
- Flexibility is essential to adapt your approach to meet individual service user needs.
- Contribute to ongoing monitoring, audit and evaluation of the service as appropriate
- Be aware of, and comply with, the principles of clinical governance including quality , risk and health and safety and be individually
responsible for clinical governance , risk management /health and safety issues in their area of work
- Participate in the development, promotion and implementation of infection prevention and control guidelines.
- Assume responsibility for and co-ordinate the management of the Care Bright community in the absence of PIC/SSN
- 2 / 3 years previous experience of working with people with Dementia in residential or day settings and of assisting them to
achieve valued social roles and working through periods of lifestyle change
Excellent benefits and competitive Salary. For more information on this role please do not hesitate to get in contact with us.
CareBright is an Equal Opportunities Employer