Limerick, Cork, Clare, Dublin, Mayo, Galway
Sustainability Jobs, Regeneration Jobs, Environment Jobs, Built Environment Jobs, Local Authority Jobs, Town Planning Jobs, Building Jobs, Energy Management Jobs
Policy, Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), Planning, Environmental Engineering, Infrastructure, Planning Engineer, Renewable Energy Engineering, Town Planner
Excellent career development and flexible benefits
This is an exceptional opportunity and the position offers involvement in all aspects of the planning process, including planning applications, preparation and planning appeals, feasibility studies and survey work.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent understanding of the Irish planning system and experience in either the public and/or private sector. You will be a chartered member of the IPI/RTPI and will have excellent communication and written skills. In return, we will offer an attractive remuneration package with good future career prospects working within a highly successful and commercially orientated multi-disciplinary consultancy.
Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- A recognised (IPI or RTPI) planning qualification
- Experience in the Irish Industry;
- Excellent working knowledge of the Irish Planning system;
- Ability to demonstrate excellent analytical skills and is IT competent;
- Strong report writing and presentation skills;
- Highly motivated individual with strong attention to detail; and
- Ability to project manage multi-disciplinary teams and multiple projects simultaneously.
Typically, the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
- Managing projects from inception to completion including interaction with project stakeholders, clients and other project team members, both internal and external;
- Undertaking background research, desk studies, site visits and preparing planning assessments, planning reports and tender submissions.
- Working collaboratively with clients, An Bord Pleanála, colleagues and external consultants.
- Ability to interpret construction/design plans and drawings.
- Ability to analyse planning policy and make recommendations to clients and colleagues.
- Liaising with County Councils and other statutory bodies.
- Attendance at meetings with clients, project teams and other stakeholders.
- Project manage multi-disciplinary teams of professionals
You can expect to work on a wide range of projects, from small scale residential, to energy developments and major applications of national importance that will shape the future of Ireland. You will be rewarded as you grow within the company and professional development is strongly encouraged.