Our Client, a leader in the field of laboratory diagnostic solutions seeks an R & D Scientist to join their team. Reporting directly to the R&D Manager, the R&D scientist will have an understanding of microbiology and data analysis and interpretation to execute Research and Development activities through all phases of product development.
- Execute Research and Development activities through all phases of product development.
- Perform clinical sample extraction, and qPCR assay optimization experiments in molecular biology laboratories (including a BSL2 lab), including operation of liquid handling systems, on a regular basis.
- Develop testing protocols, prepare project reports, and present study designs and results in PowerPoint to the project team.
- Interact cross functionally.
- Transfer new qPCR product and process to Manufacturing.
- Follow regulatory compliance in line with ISO 13485.
- Adapt to fast-paced environment and project priority shift effectively and efficiently.
- MSc in Molecular/Microbiology or Equivalent
- A good understanding of microbiology.
- Knowledge of basic data analysis and interpretation (proficient in Microsoft Office)
- Must be tolerant to change, ready to take on new challenges and open to learning new skills
- Strong skills in molecular biology (including DNA, RNA, PCR, qPCR, quantification methods) desirable
- Experience with methods for extraction of DNA/RNA from microbes & viruses (manual & automated sample prep methods), desirable.
- Regulatory Experience in IVD product development desirable.
Note: By applying for this position, you may also be considered by Pale Blue Dot Recruitment for other or future related vacancies.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place