Mount Carmel Community Hospital is a transitional care unit. This unit provides ongoing medical monitoring, rehabilitation or re-enablement to patients following an acute hospital stay. Mount Carmel Community Hospital is there to help patients with their expressed desire to make a speedy recovery and return home.
We are now looking for caring, empathetic and reliable Healthcare Assistants to join our multi-disciplinary team on a full-time basis.
Candidates MUST have a relevant QQI Level 5 Qualification (or equivalent) and previous experience is an advantage.
Purpose of the Role
The Care Assistant works as a member of a team delivering care via the Named Nurse concept. As such a team member, the Care Assistant contributes to the fulfillment of Mount Carmel's philosophy of care.
What does this role entail?
- Supporting the nursing staff and team in delivering quality person-centered care to meet the needs of residents
- Getting to know residents’ interests and needs providing attention, support and companionship
- Promoting the mobility of residents, supervising and assisting as necessary to ensure optimum mobility is maintained and improved where possible
- Enabling and assisting residents to maintain their personal appearance /hygiene needs whilst always maintaining their dignity
- Enabling and assisting residents to eat/drink and achieve physical comfort
- Participating, organising and carrying out social activities
- Sustaining high level of communication between resident’s family and staff developing good relationships
- Assisting in the upkeep of high standards of cleanliness in the unit
- Contributing to the maintenance of Health and Safety in the hospital
- Any other duties deemed necessary by Nurse in Charge and management.
What are the qualifications/skills needed?
- FETAC/QQI Level 5 qualification in Healthcare
- At least 1 years experience working as a Healthcare Assistant.
- Excellent communication skills
- Can work independently or part of a team
- Ability to maintain a positive approach
- Fluent level of English both written and oral
All posts are subject to satisfactory references, medical and Garda vetting.
What do we offer?
- Guaranteed hours contracts
- Sunday premium and double time on bank holidays
- Free Garda Vetting
- Comprehensive induction training and continued in-house training/professional development
- Opportunities for career progression
- Death in service benefit
- Paid trainings
This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role and the range of duties, it does not attempt to detail every activity. Given the nature of the work, it must be stressed that maximum flexibility is required to work in the hospital.