Acacia Communications is an optical networking technology company that empowers cloud and content providers to connect at the speed of light enabling them to meet the rapidly increasing consumer demands for data.
The Sales Operations team is critical to Acacia’s ability to provide world class service to our customers. This position touches all aspects of the order flow , from receipt of customer orders through shipment and RMA processing. This position provides generalist support across the Sales Operations team, focusing mainly on back office processes, order administration, and backlog reporting .
Key Essential Functions
- Receive, review, and process orders and RMAs in an accurate and efficient manner in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Coordinate and maintain backlog order information in the ERP system (Epicor) and through Excel reporting
- Run backlog reports and deliver to various reporting requirements across the working week
- Responsible for shipping paperwork accuracy and its issuance to customers
- Provide backup support to individual team members during absences and busy periods, such as:
- providing timely follow-up with customers regarding order status, delays, and delivery issues
- resolving customer problems in a professional and timely manner
- working on account reconciliation, discrepancies and accurate processing of credits and returns
- working with Sales on account management, queries, quoting, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Skills, Education and Certifications
- 5+ years office experience including 3-4 years in inside sales, procurement, or customer service
- Must be PC literate – Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Analytical, detail oriented, with an emphasis on data integrity and accuracy which is important as providing backlog reports to the team is an integral part of the role
- A talent to succeed in a fast paced, ever changing environment with ability to multitask and deliver results
- Competent in sales order entry systems and processes a plus
- Knowledge and experience with logistics, financial accounts, and related problem resolution preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills
- Passion to provide professional service and support to both internal and external customers
- Must be team oriented and simultaneously assertive with capacity to work with minimal supervision
Special Physical/Travel Requirements
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.