Role Title: Greenkeeper
Start Date: Immediate
Contract Type: Full Time
We are currently seeking full time greenkeepers to join a golf club in Limerick. Experience in greenkeeping along with a formal greenkeeping qualification are essential.
- Cut tees, greens, surrounds, fairways, rough and semi rough.
- Set up the golf course, including changing holes, moving tee markers, emptying bins, cleaning surfaces of
- Check machinery before use, fuel after use and report any irregularities to the Head Greenkeeper
- Maintain good standards of health and safety for self and others.
- Repairing divots on playing surfaces.
- Hand watering and irrigating turf.
- Identifying and controlling weeds and pests.
- Identifying and controlling turf diseases and disorders.
- Marking of hazards, out of bounds and ground under repair.
- Maintaining bunkers.
- Renovate worn and damaged turf.
- Rolling greens with a turf iron or similar.
- Driving a tractor with implements.
- Understanding the rules of golf relating to golf course maintenance.
- Maintaining trees and shrubs on the golf course
- Communicating effectively to all team members in the venue and golfers on the course.
- Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Work on own initiative
- Previous experience desirable