Jobs 61 to 70 of 110
Jobs and vacancies in Limerick, Ireland
Think Global - Expect Amazing! TalentWorldGrou...
Compass Group UK & Ireland
Hospitality Assistant As one of our Hospitalit...
Job Overview Reporting to the Operations Man...
For over 40 years the Richardsons team has spe...
Comfort Keepers Ireland
Benefits of working with Comfort Keepers: Co...
Job Overview FRS Recruitment are recruiting ...
Murray Ambulance Service Ltd.
Murray Ambulance Service is growing across Ire...
Pale Blue Dot® Recruitment
The Role Our Client, a leader in the field of ...
· Working with the Operations Manager to ensur...
Main purpose of the role: Responsible for the...
Outbound Customer Service Representative (Deutsch)
Think Global - Expect Amazing! TalentWorldGroup ist ein revolutionäres mehrsprachiges Kontaktzentrum. Wir sind ein echtes Unternehmen fürs Volk und sind auf der Mission, das professionelle Arbeiten zu Hause neu zu erfinden und den Arbeitsplatz der Zukunft zu schaffen!
Wir sind auf der Suche nach deutschsprachigen Talenten, damit sie sich uns anschließen und an einer Vielzahl von Projekten wie Outbound Lead Generation, Vertrieb und anderen premium Kontaktzentrum-Projekten arbeiten können.
Wir suchen nach jemandem wie Sie, falls sie:
- Erfahrung im Vertrieb & Outbound-Kontaktzentrum (2 Jahre und mehr) haben
- eine hohe Benutzerebene von Computerkenntnissen besitzen
- Sie nach Spitzenleistungen streben und Ihr Glück darin finden, anderen zu helfen
- Deutsch Ihre Muttersprache ist
- Sie gute Kommunikationsfähigkeiten in der englischen Sprache besitzen
- Ein Hochschul- oder Universitätsabschluss ist von Vorteil
Was wir von Ihnen brauchen:
- Ethernetbasierte LAN-Verbindung
- Prozessor: 1,8 GHz und stärker (64 Bit bevorzugt)
- RAM: 4 GB RAM und mehr
- Verfügbarer Speicher: mindestens 10 GB
- Bevorzugte Auflösung: 1920 x 1080
- Kabelgebundenes USB-Headset
- Microsoft Windows: 10 aufwärts
- Arbeit von zu Hause
- Freiberuflicher Vertrag
- projektbasierte Möglichkeiten
- Langfristige Kooperationsvereinbarung
- Gamification-Programm (mehr Geld verdienen, bezahlte Urlaubsstunden erhalten)
Please submit your CV in ENGLISH language only.
Job Type: Part-time
- Monday to Friday
- Outbound Customer Service: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- German (Required)
Hospitality Assistant - Limerick
As one of our Hospitality Assistants, you’ll be the face of our business, delivering a consistently great experience to our customers.
You’ll be working in a team full of fantastic people as a Customer Service Assistant. After all, who doesn’t dream about coming into work, doing what they love and spending time with friends?
To perform a variety of tasks associated with food production, front of house services and any general support required with due regard to all Health & Safety and Food Safety regulations. To perform general duties which support the efficient running of a contract or unit in line with contractual requirements.
It doesn’t matter if you’ve never worked as a Hospitality Assistant before. What does matter to us the most, is taking pride in what you do and a willingness to learn.
- Good communication skills in order to be able to liaise with a wide range of visitors to your work area
- Be able to comply with legislation and follow all rules and regulation laid down in the staff handbook and unit policy statements, with regard to uniform, personal hygiene, health and safety.
- Customer service focused
- Team player and can‐do attitude
- Takes pride in personal appearance and hygiene
- Self motivated and able to use own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a positive attitude
- Experience of working in an environment where there are peaks and troughs in demand during service times
- Experience of working in environments involving high levels of customer care
- 25 hours per week
- Compass exclusive offers on Perks
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
Compass Group Ireland offers the best of both worlds – being empowered by a strong, global organisation, whilst maintaining the personal touch of a small company adept at tailoring ideal catering solutions for each and every one of our clients.
Big Company strength with a small Company feel.
We’re proud to be part of Compass Group PLC – a global and successful FTSE top 25 company. Each year over 500,000 Compass colleagues serve 5 billion meals in more than 50,000 client locations in 50 countries.
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.
Team Leader - Customer Services - Limerick
Reporting to the Operations Manager, there are now opportunities for experienced Team Leaders
So what will a typical day look like?
- Ensure calls are answered efficiently, understanding the business unit contract.
- Stretch, Coach, develop and support your team members ensuring regular formal and informal 1:1s and compliance with Abtrans framework.
- Practice Abtrans values of teamwork adopting a lead by example approach with your team.
- Be familiar with and practice a consistent and reasonable approach to company policies and procedures.
- Take advantage of opportunities to identify and support staff development, succession planning, and talent management.
- Monitor, analyze (call calibration) and act to ensure quality standards are met.
- Maintain account knowledge, including attending relevant Advisor product and process training.
- Respond to Client queries and communicate complex ideas simply and clearly.
- Track record of meeting targets on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Lead by example, actively promote and foster a culture where learning and customer service are of the highest priority.
- Previous team leader experience
- Customer service focused
- Collaborative and approachable
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Likely coming from a call centre/contact centre background
- Excellent communication skills
- Available asap and available to work over shifts if required, this is not a 9 - 5 but hours will typically be between 8 and 8 on a rotating pattern.
Territory Sales Manager - Greater Limerick Area
For over 40 years the Richardsons team has specialised in supplying fresh foods to the catering and hospitality sectors across the South of Ireland. On time delivery of quality foods with professional customer care is the essence of our offering. Our customers look for professional suppliers that meet their demanding requirements, which we strive to achieve through our people.
In the current challenging marking, due to Covid 19, we have made changes to our business model and are now experiencing increased sales. We therefore wish to strengthen our sales team by recruiting a
TERROTORY SALES MANAGER – GREATER LIMERICK AREA
We currently require an experienced and enthusiastic Territory Sales Manager for the Greater Limerick Area to join a small but focused sales team. The successful candidate will work closely with the Sales Manager to significantly develop the sales in this area.
The role will report to the Sales Manager based in Limerick and the main functions include: -
- Manage the commercial performance of your sales area;
- Meet and exceed targets;
- Maintain and grow the customer base including existing and new customers;
- Identify and develop sales into new market sectors including independent retailers, local contracts and key accounts.
- Be flexible and responsive to your customers’ needs
The successful candidate(s) must have:
- Experience and knowledge of the catering, foodservice & independent retail sectors.
- Excellent customer focus, communication skills and ability to build rapport with customers and the team;
- Proven ability to manage the commercial performance of their area;
- Proven track record in identifying and winning new business;
- Be a team player with ability to work on own initiative with a “can do” attitude; and
- A full, clean driving licence.
This is a key role and an attractive salary and performance related bonus together with company transport will be available to the right candidate. There will be opportunity also for career advancement. If you are great at building relationships, enjoy the challenge of new business development and want to work with a very progressive family business, give us a call!
Expected Start Date: 1/2/2021
Job Type: Full-time
- Bonus pay
- Performance bonus
- Food allowance
- Monday to Friday
- Sales: 3 years (Preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
Healthcare Assistant - Bruff, Hospital & Kilmallock
Benefits of working with Comfort Keepers:
- Competitive Hourly Rates - €11.50 - €13.65
- Double BH per hour on Christmas Day
- Free QQI
Comfort Keepers are looking for Healthcare Assistants to join Ireland’s award-winning and leading care team in Bruff, Hospital and Kilmallock. We believe only through an investment in our Healthcare Assistants can our clients receive the best care possible and as such we are the only Homecare Provider in Ireland that offers all our employees access to complete the HSE required 2 QQI modules, Care Skills and Care of Older Person, free of charge.
At Comfort Keepers, we understand that we are currently entering a new working world. Our recruitment process prioritises your safety and ease-of-access. From your initial video interview to online training and the provision of full PPE when you start to work with us, we have everything covered to ensure a smooth and secure on boarding journey for you.
Candidates in this area must have a full clean driving licence and access to a car to be considered for this role.
Key Duties & Responsibilities as a Healthcare Assistant*
- Making a positive difference to the elderly and most vulnerable by providing care in the community.
- Helping people with their daily activities. Assisting with personal care tasks like bathing and dressing or light housekeeping such as changing bed linen and laundry.
- The safeguarding of those we care for.
- Supporting social interactions and activities.
- Protecting against loneliness and isolation in the community.
Benefits of working with Comfort Keepers
- €11.50 per hour Monday – Friday
- €12.50 per hour Saturday
- €13.65 per hour Sunday & Bank Holidays
- Double BH per hour on Christmas Day
- Ability to complete QQI modules Care of the Older Person and Care Skills free of charge.
- Flexible hours: We will design a work rota that meets your needs and availability.
- Access to our online training hub to keep up to date and upskill
- Career progression opportunities.
- Recommend a Friend, €500 One4All Gift Voucher for every employee you refer that stays 6 months with the company.
- Employee Assistance Programme (Offering free and confidential support such as financial advice and counselling services to you and your immediate family)
- A great back office team in your area to help you.
- Oncall Support: 24/7 support from our on-call team.
- Full PPE equipment provided.
- Recognition throughout the year, Employee of Month and Employee of Year Awards.
- Staff Discounts available including health and life insurance, car insurance etc.
Requirements to work as a Healthcare Assistant
- Are caring, reliable, trustworthy, and kind.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills must have excellent English language skills both written and verbal.
- Willing to or have completed/start QQI level 5 or equivalent. Support is very much available to all candidates who are looking to start their caring career.
- Be able to provide 2 references.
- A full clean driving licence and access to your own car.
Take the first step towards a rewarding career in care. Join Comfort Keepers’ award-winning care team today. Apply below.
Comfort Keepers Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
- This job description is intended to give potential candidates wishing to join our company an appreciation of the role and the range of some of the duties, it does not attempt to detail every activity. Given the nature of care work, it should be noted that flexibility is required.
Powered by JazzHR
FRS Recruitment are recruiting for a Senior Security Engineer (Devsecops) based in Limerick.
For this role you will need a bachelor's degree, Master's degree preferred, (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years of experience in security engineering or related field. You will need hands-on experience with PowerShell and Azure, Windows Hardening (NIST, STIGs) and a good understanding of threats and threat vectors.
- Experience with .NET stack and other programming languages (such as C++, Python)
- Experience in several of the areas:
- Security design and threat modelling
- Automation: from prototyping new security tools, evaluating/validating existing security tools, automation, to supporting and improving existing product security tools: SAST(Ideally Fortify), DAST(e.g. ZAP), NESSUS etc.
- Systemic security issues: identifying, root cause analysis, designing security solutions
EMT / Paramedics
Murray Ambulance Service is growing across Ireland, we are therefore looking for Paramedic’s and EMTs to staff our stations and fill multiple vacancies.
Established in 2008, with depots in Galway, Sligo, Waterford, Ballinasloe, Navan and Limerick.
Murray Ambulance service a family run company whose headquarters are in Castlebar, Co Mayo is registered with PHECC Pre Hospital Emergency Care Council accredited with ISO 9001:200 and certified by CHKS www.chks.co.uk
As an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or Paramedic you are required to carry out your duties in line with PHECC Pre Hospital Emergency Care Council regulations and guidelines including relevant clinical practice guidelines.
Working in fast-paced environment that requires work long shifts without sacrificing focus. The role required discipline and strong organization skill to succeed. Necessitating a strong knowledge of basic medical equipment and procedures, as well as a passion for making a difference. It takes compassion and interpersonal skills to keep patients calm as they are transported.
Duties are outlined but not limited to the following:
- Carry out vehicle daily inspection (VDI)
- Transmit and received information via Murray Ambulance Service Limited (MASL) Dispatch centre
- Respond to emergency calls quickly, with an emphasis on safety
- Respond to patient transport calls (inter hospital transfers)
- Quickly assess patient needs using the full range of pre-hospital emergency care and skills
- Assess the most appropriate method of patient transportation using the relevant
- equipment and lifting techniques
- Maintain a high standard of care while being mindful of the patients wellbeing
- Accurately brief hospital staff on arrival
- Write patient reports and complete logs sheets
- Responsible for the updating relevant certification/Qualification
- Attend training as provided
- Attain level 3 of the RSA emergency service driving stand (ESDS) within the probationary period (training provided by MASL)
Registered with the Pre Hospital Emergency Care Council (PHECC)
Hold an equivalent qualification as validated by PHECC
Hold a full clean B licence
Candidates must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties outlined above and be in a state of health to provide regular and efficient service.
Employment type: Full and Part time
Application deadline: 5/1/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Medical: 1 year (Preferred)
- PHECC (Required)
Our Client, a leader in the field of laboratory diagnostic solutions seeks an R & D Scientist to join their team. Reporting directly to the R&D Manager, the R&D scientist will have an understanding of microbiology and data analysis and interpretation to execute Research and Development activities through all phases of product development.
- Execute Research and Development activities through all phases of product development.
- Perform clinical sample extraction, and qPCR assay optimization experiments in molecular biology laboratories (including a BSL2 lab), including operation of liquid handling systems, on a regular basis.
- Develop testing protocols, prepare project reports, and present study designs and results in PowerPoint to the project team.
- Interact cross functionally.
- Transfer new qPCR product and process to Manufacturing.
- Follow regulatory compliance in line with ISO 13485.
- Adapt to fast-paced environment and project priority shift effectively and efficiently.
- MSc in Molecular/Microbiology or Equivalent
- A good understanding of microbiology.
- Knowledge of basic data analysis and interpretation (proficient in Microsoft Office)
- Must be tolerant to change, ready to take on new challenges and open to learning new skills
- Strong skills in molecular biology (including DNA, RNA, PCR, qPCR, quantification methods) desirable
- Experience with methods for extraction of DNA/RNA from microbes & viruses (manual & automated sample prep methods), desirable.
- Regulatory Experience in IVD product development desirable.
Note: By applying for this position, you may also be considered by Pale Blue Dot Recruitment for other or future related vacancies.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Monday to Friday
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place
Team Leader - Contact Centre
· Working with the Operations Manager to ensure customers are dealt with efficiently.
· Stretch, Coach, develop and support your team members ensuring regular formal and informal 1:1s and compliance
· Practice values of teamwork adopting a lead by example approach with your team.
· Be familiar with and practice a consistent and reasonable approach to company policies and procedures.
· Take advantage of opportunities to identify and support staff development, succession planning, and talent management.
· Monitor, analyze and act to ensure quality standards are met.
· Respond to Client queries and communicate complex ideas simply and clearly.
· Track record of meeting targets on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
· Lead by example, actively promote and foster a culture where learning and customer service are of the highest priority.
Our ideal candidate:
· Flexible and adaptable with a positive attitude to change.
· Possess a professional, diplomatic and analytical approach to your own specific tasks and those of your team.
· Have a high level of commercial and business focus to ensure the relevance of all activities and solutions.
· Ability to multi-task in a busy environment and deal with customer queries.
· Proficient in the use of MS Office – Word, Excel, etc
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with both internal and external communications.
Contract length: 6 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: Up to €33,000.00 per year
- Day shift
- Call Center: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Call Center Management: 1 year (Preferred)
Deli Assistant - Castletroy, Limerick
Main purpose of the role:
Responsible for the preparation of high quality hot and cold deli products and for ensuring customer satisfaction is the number one priority.
- HACCP training is desirable but not necessary
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous customer service experience is an advantage
- The ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment, ability to multi task under pressure
- A passion for food and the ability to inspire shoppers.
- Actively live Centra brand-values i.e. Proud, Energetic, Imaginative and Community-Based
- Prepare customer orders across all fresh food areas i.e. make sandwiches and rolls, dish up hot food and slice meats using the store`s portion control measures
- Cook, prepare and display the foods sold throughout the day
- Ensure that the counter displays across all fresh food departments are to the highest standards at all times throughout the day
- Demonstrate your passion for quality food by sharing knowledge, recipes and personal recommendations with customers
- Deal with all customer queries efficiently, professionally and in line with store policy.
deli assistant position to fill for immediate satart 30 houers plus per week.
must be available for morning & evening shifts
4 or 5 days per week from 6 am sunday to saturday